Winding River Plantation
Winding River Plantation & Carolina National Golf Course
Are you a golfer? Winding River has its own award-winning golf course, the Carolina National. There seems no end to the amenities in this development. Property owners can enjoy the closest private clubhouse and pool when not playing golf. There you will find a full service fitness facility, tennis courts, a playground, walking trails, and a nearby park.
If that wasn't enough, there is another private beach club in Holden Beach with a marina, pool, and more trails for biking or hiking. The community center and boat launch on the Lockwood Folly River provides everything a boating enthusiast could ask for as well.
The 27-hole Carolina National Golf Course is set among tall pines, live oak trees and dogwoods, and is an Audubon certified bird sanctuary as well. You'll find seeing graceful egrets, ibis, and other water birds and animals is a daily occurrance. The Intracoastal Waterway is nearby too, so crabbing and clamming for dinner is even an option in this amazing neighborhood.
Homes in Winding River Plantation
Winding River Plantation is a premier, gated, amenity-rich community located in Brunswick County, North Carolina on the banks of the Lockwood Folly River near the Atlantic Intra-coastal Waterway. It is located on approximately 1000 acres surrounding the 27-hole Carolina National Golf Club. The community enjoys easy access to one of southeast North Carolina’s favorite family beaches – Holden Beach and is situated about halfway between Wilmington, NC to the north and Myrtle Beach, SC.
The natural beauty of Winding River lies in the contour of the land and the wonderful array of coastal hardwoods, Carolina pines, and tidal salt marshes. There are 1134 properties that comprise Winding River with 1066 single family resident lots (approximately 48% of which have been built upon), 18 townhomes, and 50 condominiums. Thirty-nine (39) of the single family resident lots are located at Seaside on Holden Beach Island..
Winding River enjoys a broad array of amenities which enhance the lifestyles of our residents including:
- Property Owners Clubhouse Complex (POC) – The newly expanded POC was opened for use in January 2008. It encompasses a 9,000 square foot community clubhouse with individual meeting rooms which can be combined to host large events, a 3500 square foot partially covered outdoor pavilion area with open air bar and barbecue facilities, a large outdoor Olympic-size pool, a 1300 square foot fully-equipped fitness center, and tennis courts.
- Beach House – Located on Holden Beach Island’s oceanfront, this facility offers a gathering room, pool, restroom facilities, off-street parking and private access to the beach.
- River House and Marinas – On the banks of the Lockwood Folly River, the River House offers sweeping views of the salt marshes that are home to a varied collection of local wildlife. With a comfortable meeting room and screened porch, it is a favorite site for a late afternoon break from Winding River’s active lifestyle. The community is indeed fortunate to have not only one marina but two. Adjacent to the River House is a marina with ten transient slips and a launch ramp complete with water and electric service. Located in the Seaside neighborhood on Holden Beach, the community also has a four-slip day marina which affords short term docking for residents. Click here for more information.
Real Estate Sales: 1/1/2019 To Present
- Active homes: 29
- Pending: 6
- Sold: 188
With an average of 139.81 per sq. ft. selling price
Winding River Plantation Properties
- Holden Beach Island
- Lockwood Folly
- Oyster Harbour, Holden Beach
- Sunset Beach
- Brierwood Estates
- Brunswick Plantation
- Calabash NC
- Carolina Shores, Calabash NC
- Lakes of Lockwood
- Oak Island
- Ocean Isle Beach
- Ocean Ridge Plantation
- Palmetto Creek
- River Hills
- River Sea
- Rivers Edge Golf Community
- Sea Trail Plantation
- St. James Plantation
- Thistle Downs
- Winding River Plantation